an Tock Seng Hospital Department’s of Ophthalmology is the 2nd largest eye specialty unit in Singapore. We handle more than 120,000 outpatient visits and more than 10,000 eye surgeries every year.
With the full spectrum of clinical expertise and cutting-edge technology, we provide our patients with the seamless delivery of comprehensive ophthalmic services and a full range of tertiary ophthalmic care, all at one location.
Every consultant in our department is fellowship trained in top overseas eye institutes and several of our senior nurses have also received advanced training at Moorfields Eye hospital in London.
Our sub-specialty services include: Cataract Implant & Anterior Segment, Cornea, Glaucoma, Medical & Surgical Retina, Neuro-ophthalmology, Oculoplastics, Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus, Refractive Surgery and Uveitis.
Our Eye Diagnostic Service also offers an extensive range of sub-specialty tests including:
• Optical Coherence Tomography for anterior & posterior segment,
• High-speed ICG angiography for AMD; and
• Optic nerve head & nerve fibre layer imaging for glaucoma
Our dedicated specialty eye clinics @ TTSH includes:
• The Eye Alignment Clinic • Children’s Eye Centre
A one-stop specialist clinic dedicated to treat 2 special groups of patients.
- Eye Alignment Clinic caters to both adults and children, providing
comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of eye misalignment (Strabismus).
- A full-fledged paediatric ophthalmology service is also available at our Children’s Eye
Centre to treat eye problems which affect babies and children.
- Other Services which includes optical services, sale of medical items such as eye patches,
and eye screening services.
• TTSH LASIK Centre
Successful LASIK surgery depends on the centre’s commitment to clinical quality, the surgeon’s expertise and the technology employed.
At TTSH LASIK Centre, comprehensive eye examinations, surgeries and post-operative reviews are conducted personally by our accredited LASIK specialists.
Ours is a well-audited track record. A Ministry of Health Singapore Survey showed that TTSH LASIK Centre achieved 100% success rate with our patients attaining unaided vision of 6/12 of better 3 months after LASIK.
(Source: MOH Information Paper 2006/17
• NovaVision Vision Restoration Therapy (VRT) Service
Tan Tock Seng Hospital is the first and the only centre in Asia to provide VRT service to treat patients with visual field defects. It is a clinically proven therapy for vision loss resulting from either a stroke or traumatic brain injury.